Business Development, Central ChinaShanghai, China
Shorelight Education is reinventing the international education experience for both students and universities. In partnership with leading U.S. institutions, we build innovative degree programs—whether on campus or cloud-based, in the United States or students’ home countries—that help students thrive and create a new generation of successful, globally minded alumni.
The Business Development, Central China is a channel development leader who is in charge of searching and signing new business partner/channel within their given region, to support regional recruitment team to expand its channel network and increase points of sales for all SL programs. Reporting to Recruitment Manager Central China, the Business Development should focus on identification of channel and partner opportunities, pitching, negotiating and forming partnership agreements with these channels, and then ensuring a healthy business yield from those new channels/partners.
- Work closely with HQ data analyst team and Regional Recruitment Manager to develop an actionable regional channel expansion plan.
- Lead the initial approach to new channel/partner, then following an agreed engagement process, in collaboration with Regional Recruitment Manager, pitch and negotiate through to contract and a sales goal.
- Ongoing relationship management and maintaining of the new partnerships post-contract.
- Ongoing support to Recruitment team to cultivate the new partnership and drive new sales.
- Work closely with IUA team to develop school network and non-agent channels.
- Work closely with SL live BD team to develop and sign GSC channels and opportunities.
- Optimization of regional new channel expansion collaterals and presentations.
- Ensure new channel agreement, APP etc., are optimized for revenue and ROI optimization
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, communications, business, international relations, or related area
- 3+ years of experience in the international education/recruitment industry in Central China
- 3+ years of experience in B2B relationship management
- Strong sales and account management skills
- Proven track record of working collaboratively in a matrix governance model
- Strategic-minded and sales-driven, with strong drive for results, and pressure-resilient
- Proficient with technology and reporting programs/systems
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Exemplary customer service skills and ability to foster a customer service ethic within the work team
- Willingness to travel
- Existing network and relationships within the education industry in Central China; strong working knowledge of key international markets, programs, and products; and US higher education are all pluses
- Eligibility to work in the hiring location without sponsorship
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Shorelight Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.