Auburn Global – Student Accommodations ManagerAuburn, Alabama
Auburn Global is a partnership between Auburn University and Shorelight Education. The mission of the program is to immerse first-year international students in the academic and cultural life of the university, help them integrate into campus life, and provide the support that increases their academic success and likelihood in obtaining an Auburn degree.
The Student Accommodations Manager (AM) leads Auburn Global’s efforts to deliver a high-quality experience for all international students enrolled in International Accelerator Programs. The AM manages all elements of program housing, which includes designing and maintaining dynamic data systems that track room housing rosters, inspection schedules, cleaning services, move-outs/move-ins, and fines for damages. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to supervising Accommodations Coordinators, managing dining plans, overseeing student insurance policies, and supervising live-in residence staff.
The successful candidate is a skilled team player who can proactively manage accommodation services catered to international students. The AM must demonstrate a commitment to quality, to excellent customer service, and to the attention and guidance that international students require. He or she must possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
Housing Administration Management
- Lead pre-arrival process to ensure housing assignments are prepared, including but not limited to booking and confirming arrival reservations, making housing assignments, and executing room set-up lists as well as managing punch card
- Supervise and lead Accommodations Coordinators in updating ancillary products, including activation and continuation of dining, insurance, and other services delivered to students
- Develop and manage a dynamic system to oversee regular housing inspection schedules and follow-up on remediation as necessary through third-party vendor networks
- Place students into housing locations, keeping accurate and up-to-date housing inventory
- Oversee maintenance of accurate records for student addresses; generate forms and information to students in housing to facilitate move-in and move-out
- Liaise with Events Coordinator and Global Residents to plan engagement activities at housing locations
- Oversee third-party property management services to assure execution of items escalated for remediation; conduct follow up as needed.
- Manage local cleaning service companies on cleaning and room turnover
- Lead the formulation and maintenance of housing policies and procedures, which may include eligibility, lease agreements, petitions, emergency or temporary housing, and riders to leases
- Recruit, develop, and retain team members to ensure productivity and engagement
- Engage in talent management activities such as goal setting, performance evaluations, stay interviews, development planning, and ongoing feedback to develop team members and achieve organizational goals
- Provide coaching, counseling, and corrective action (when necessary) to team members
- Foster a culture that reflects Shorelight’s values
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, hospitality management, or related field
- Experience working in hospitality operations management
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel
- Excellent data management skills, including an understanding of how to create and maintain complex databases and produce reports as needed
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, take initiative, and maintain a high energy level
- Experience working in lease administration, portfolio management, property management, or three years of experience working in a university-based international student pathway program
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Eligibility to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Experience working successfully with non-native speakers of English
- Experience working with Salesforce or other CRM software to produce reports and maintain accurate data
- Master’s degree in business administration, higher education administration, hospitality management, or related field
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check Required — Education, Criminal, Identity
Auburn Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer.