Auburn Global – Student Accommodations CoordinatorAuburn, Alabama
Auburn Global is a partnership between Auburn University and Shorelight Education. The mission of the program is to immerse first-year international students in the academic and cultural life of the university, help them integrate into campus life, and provide the support that increases their academic success and likelihood of obtaining an Auburn degree.
The Student Accommodation Coordinator (AC) assists with Auburn Global’s efforts to deliver a high-quality experience for all international students enrolled in International Accelerator Programs. The AC organizes key elements of program housing, facilitates accommodation assignments for incoming students, and maintains operations and high-quality management in housing. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to managing dining plans, overseeing student insurance policies, and supervising live-in residence staff.
The successful candidate is a skilled team player who can successfully manage accommodation services catered to international students. The AC must demonstrate a commitment to quality, to excellent customer service, and to the attention and guidance that international students require. He or she must possess strong organizational skills and interpersonal skills.
Housing Administration Support
- Assist in facilitating pre-arrival processes to ensure housing assignments are prepared, including but not limited to booking and confirming arrival reservations, making housing assignments, and executing room set-up lists as well as managing punch cards
- Aid the Accommodations Manager in updating ancillary products, including activation and continuation of dining, insurance, and other optional ancillary projects
- Manage a dynamic calendar coordinating regular housing inspection schedules, as well as coordinating remediation as necessary through third-party vendor networks
- Place students into housing locations, keeping accurate and up-to-date housing inventory
- Maintain accurate records of student addresses; generate forms and information to students in housing to facilitate move-in and move-out
- Liaise with Events Coordinator and Global Residents to plan engagement activities at housing locations
- Coordinate with third-party property management services to assure execution of items escalated for remediation; conduct follow up as needed
- Coordinate with local cleaning service companies on cleaning and room turnover
- Aid in the formulation and maintenance of housing policies and procedures, which may include eligibility, lease agreements, petitions, emergency or temporary housing, and riders to leases
Residence Life Management
- Supervise and train live-in residence staff in program housing
- Partner with student services team to execute residence engagement strategies
- Support student learning of community conduct standards and ensure that Global Residents are trained on how to act as a first-level contact in resolving roommate conflicts
- Oversee the judicial process of Auburn Global students who have been given fines or need roommate conflict mediation
- Train Global Residents on conflict resolution, inspection processes, and conduct policies
- Liaise with student services team on at-risk students
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel
- Excellent data management skills, including an understanding of how to maintain complex databases and produce reports as needed
- Experience working successfully with non-native speakers of English
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, take initiative, and maintain a high energy level
- Experience working with Salesforce or other CRM software
- Experience working in lease administration, portfolio management, property management, or three years of experience working in a university-based international student pathway program
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Eligibility to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, hospitality management, or related field
- Experience working in hospitality operations management
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check Required — Education, Criminal, Identity
Auburn Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer.