Auburn Global — Marketing CoordinatorAuburn, Alabama
Auburn Global is a partnership between Auburn University and Shorelight Education. The mission of the program is to immerse first-year international students in the academic and cultural life of the university, help them integrate into campus life, and provide the support that increases their academic successes and likelihood in obtaining their Auburn degrees.
The Campus Marketing Coordinator grows the brand of the partnership and its programs. This includes marketing the full suite of program offerings, both graduate and undergraduate, and increasing brand awareness across the campus and global community. The Campus Marketing Coordinator reports to Auburn Global with a dotted line to HQ marketing, and works closely with university marketing and enrollment, recruitment, and communications teams as well as external vendors to align brand, strategy, and campaigns.
Working under the direction of campus leadership, the Campus Marketing Coordinator plays a central role in the strategy and execution for marketing the programs on campus and around the world, including content development, video creation, email and social media campaigns, student testimonials, presentations, and communications. With a strong focus on the student, the Campus Marketing Coordinator works with partnership staff to highlight the student experience and service differentiators of the program to help drive enrollment.
The Campus Marketing Coordinator possesses strong marketing and project management skills and the ability to work with cross-functional teams in a highly matrixed environment. The Campus Marketing Coordinator possesses a strong understanding of both the university’s brand and value proposition as well as the markets for which the program drives student growth. He or she maintains expertise in the products at the partnership, insight into where the market is going, and ideally knowledge of international student dynamics. This individual is an integral part of the Shorelight team and demonstrates a positive, can-do attitude; strong attention to detail; exceptional communication skills; and a love of storytelling across media platforms.
•Work with the global Shorelight marketing team and campus leadership to execute the annual marketing plan
• Act as the primary point of contact and as a liaison to internal university departments, as required
• Manage and create content for social media accounts, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and the program blog
• Document the students’ experiences and tell student stories through photos, videos, blogs, student testimonials (video and print) and social media
• Create effective messaging for local, regional, and global marketing campaigns to use across departments and by international recruitment partners
• Serve as the primary point of contact and manage visitor agendas (prospective students, campus open days, Shorelight staff, agents, FAM trips, etc.); plan and execute visits
• Support key market events internationally as requested
• Partner with global recruitment to ensure all training materials are updated and accurate as well as communicate updates through recruitment weekly newsletters
• Work with admissions and recruitment teams to develop strategies to convert qualified leads into applicants and enrolled students
• Partner with the centralized marketing communications team to create compelling content and marketing collateral to deliver global marketing campaigns and support multiple recruitment channels, including Global Channel Recruitment, Direct to Consumer, and Partnerships
• Work with the marketing communications team to create email content and landing pages for nurturing prospective students, student recruitment, and other targeted campaigns in the Marketo marketing automation tool and WordPress CMS
Collateral Creation and Management
• Support on-campus marketing needs, including orientation collateral, event promotion, and student newsletters
• Ensure that existing material, forms, websites, etc. are accurate and updated on a regular sequence
• Ensure all marketing collateral adheres to brand guidelines and proper approvals are received
• Assist the student services teams in the design and implementation of incoming and ongoing orientation programs
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, media, journalism, or related field
• Fluency in social media and knowledge of the digital landscape
• Demonstrated leadership, customer service, presentation, and public speaking skills
• Ability to take initiative, perform multiple assignments, and complete projects in a timely manner
• Ability to initiate, lead, and implement marketing strategies
• Strong team player who is comfortable collaborating within cross-functional and global teams
• Eligibility to work in the United States without sponsorship
• Master’s degree
• Previous experience with Peoplesoft software
• Project management experience
• 1+ years of experience in marketing
• Multimedia production experience and strong writing skills
• Experience in the use of, or knowledge of, technology to support marketing strategies
• Effective working knowledge of university’s and/or pathway programs
• Skills in design, copy writing, public speaking, proofing, scheduling, organizing, trafficking, and consolidating feedback
• Experience with Salesforce.com, Marketo, or similar CRM; experience with WordPress/web content management systems
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume
and cover letter.
Auburn Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer.