Auburn Global — Assistant Managing DirectorAuburn, Alabama
Auburn Global is a partnership between Auburn University and Shorelight Education. The mission of the program is to immerse first-year international students in the academic and cultural life of the university, help them integrate into campus life, and provide the support that increases their academic successes and likelihood in obtaining their Auburn degrees.
The Assistant Managing Director assists in leading Auburn Global. Reporting to the Managing Director, the Assistant Managing Director is responsible for providing strategic and ongoing leadership for the program and managing the day-to-day operations of the program.
The successful candidate must be a skilled leader and manager who can assist in leading an innovative educational collaboration. The primary responsibility of this individual is to ensure the delivery of a high-quality experience for the program’s international students by providing specialized attention and guidance, as well as ensuring the smooth operation and fiscal stability of the program.
The Assistant Managing Director will lead and inspire, displaying a strong operational entrepreneurial spirit to start this new program. The individual in this role must be a strategic thinker with the capacity to see the big picture while also attending to details including personnel and budget. The Assistant Managing Director must be skilled at creating a team, and will enthuse and galvanize colleagues around the institution’s mission, vision, and goals.
- Supervise the Student Services Director and ensure the delivery of quality student programs and services including the coordination of pre-arrival activities, orientation, cultural/social programming, and weekly advisory meetings to ensure successful social and academic outcomes
- Supervise the Senior Career Accelerator Program Advisor and oversee the delivery of the Career Accelerator Program and services to provide career value for the students
- Supervise Marketing Coordinator ensuring Auburn Global is positively and frequently promoted in social media, printed materials, and on the website while also recording and promoting student life at Auburn Global
- Supervise the IT Coordinator and interact with university IT officials as needed to coordinate symbiotic IT activities with the university to enhance effectiveness for both parties
- Supervise the Human Resources and Operations Coordinator in order to meet staff HR needs onsite and provide quality operational support
- Serve as the person responsible for Auburn Global in the absence of the Managing Director including the supervision of all staff, the signing and approving of documents and payroll, and the coordination of activities with the University and Shorelight
- Develop and maintain dashboards and statistics regarding Auburn Global activities and programs; manage data to identify trends and opportunities
- Meet with students as needed to address their needs, enforce policies and guide them to appropriate resources
- Coordinate and lead weekly Auburn Global staff meetings
- Lead special projects and initiatives including familiarization tours, visits by recruitment teams and special guests, co-sponsored campus programs, etc.
- Assist in supporting the Managing Director, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of five years’ experience in higher education management or management in a complex organization required
- Evidence of strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to multitask and attend to details required
- Proven ability to recruit, lead, motivate, coach, develop, and retain top academic and administrative staff required
- Master’s degree preferred
- Experience working with international students in an administrative or academic capacity
- Understanding of student support services for international students
- Excellent problem-solving, decision-making, and creative-thinking abilities
- Record of profit and loss experience
- Record of leadership delivering strategic, financial, and operational objectives
- Demonstrated experience working successfully with a non-native English speaking clientele
- Demonstrated exceptional interpersonal, communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Ability to network within higher education circles and garner respect among academic leaders
- Ability to work in a diverse environment, and exhibit cross-cultural competence and understanding
- Experience working within an educational collaboration and/or a complex organization
- High-energy level and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Hands-on approach to customer service and business growth and diligent work ethic, as evidenced through the interview process
- Eligibility to work in and travel freely to and from the United States without sponsorship
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Auburn Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer.