Auburn Global — Accommodation CoordinatorAuburn, Alabama
Auburn Global is a partnership between Auburn University and Shorelight Education. The mission of the program is to immerse first-year international students in the academic and cultural life of the university, help them integrate into campus life, and provide the support that increases their academic success and likelihood in obtaining an Auburn degree.
The Accommodation Coordinator (AC) leads Auburn Global’s efforts in acquiring accommodations, all housing assignments, and accommodation management for international students enrolled in International Accelerator Programs. The AC is responsible for organizing key elements of program housing, facilitating accommodation assignments for incoming students, and maintaining operations and high-quality management in housing. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to dining plan management, student insurance policy management, and management of live-in residence staff.
The successful candidate must be a skilled team player who can successfully manage accommodation services catered to international students. The main responsibility of this role is to ensure the delivery of a high-quality experience for all students. The AC must demonstrate a commitment to quality, to excellent customer service, and to the attention and guidance that international students require. He or she must possess strong organizational skills and interpersonal skills.
· Manage pre-arrival process to ensure housing assignments are prepared, including but not limited to booking and confirming arrival reservations, making housing assignments, and executing room set-up lists as well as managing punch cards
· Perform ancillary product management, including activation and continuation of dining, insurance, and other optional ancillary projects
· Manage a dynamic calendar coordinating regular housing inspection schedules, as well as coordinating remediation as necessary through third-party vendor networks
· Place students into housing locations, keeping accurate and up-to-date housing inventory
· Maintain accurate records of student addresses; generate forms and information to students in housing to facilitate move-in and move-out
· Coordinate with Marketing to develop content regarding housing, including brochures, reports, forms, price books, and other educational materials
· Liaise with Events Coordinator and Global Residents to plan engagement activities at housing locations
· Act as program liaison with housing providers, both on and off campus; seek and manage relationships with new housing providers and related vendors (e.g., cleaning services, furniture providers) as needed
· Coordinate with third-party property management services to assure execution of items escalated for remediation; conducting follow up as needed.
· Coordinate with local cleaning service companies on cleaning and room turnover
· Coordinate with local housing providers on contracts, including contract end dates and renewals
· Maintain policies and procedures on housing, which may include eligibility, lease agreements, petitions, emergency or temporary housing, and riders to leases
· Supervise live-in residence life staff in program housing, as needed
· Bachelor’s degree
· Demonstrated advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel
· Excellent data management skills, including an understanding of how to maintain complex databases and execute reports as needed
· Experience working successfully with non-native speakers of English
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, take initiative, and maintain a high energy level
· Experience working with Salesforce or other CRM software in a data entry
· Experience working in lease administration, portfolio management, or property management
· Experience in Housekeeping Management (Hospitality Operations Management)
· Exceptional interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
· Eligibility to work in the United States without sponsorship
3+ years of experience working in Hospitality Operations Management and/Housekeeping
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check Required – Identity, Education, Criminal
Auburn Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer.