Assistant Recruitment Manager, Student Recruitment, ChinaGuangzhou City, China
Shorelight Education — Assistant Recruitment Manager, Student Recruitment, China
Shorelight Education is reinventing the international education experience for both students and universities. In partnership with leading U.S. institutions, we build innovative degree programs—whether on campus or cloud-based, in the United States or students’ home countries—that help students thrive and create a new generation of successful, globally minded alumni.
The Assistant Recruitment Manager, Student Recruitment, assists in executing a student recruitment strategy across West & South China that targets international students seeking U.S. university degrees. The role includes account management of Shorelight’s regional network of recruiters, schools, and universities, along with building and managing direct-to-student marketing campaigns that drive enrollments to Shorelight’s university partners.
- Execute Shorelight’s university partners’ student recruitment strategies, partnering with the Recruitment Manager as well as Shorelight’s Global Marketing Team for all marketing and advertising strategies and collateral
- Help manage key channel accounts and partnerships to achieve enrollment targets for all university partnerships
- Maintain a data-driven approach to recruitment, monitoring enrollment trends, and reporting on all phases of recruitment process to the Recruitment Manager, using technology systems
- Maintain maximum levels of competitor awareness, product knowledge, and market intelligence
- Travel extensively to attend recruitment and outreach activities, seminars, conferences, meetings, and training events to build strong and lasting relationships with current and prospective students, families, faculty, staff, agents, partners, and other external institutions and vendors
- Execute efficient and streamlined processes for all stages of the recruitment process (inquiry, application, assessment, offer, acceptance, visa applications, orientation, etc.) with a strong focus on conversion of inquiries to applications
- Work effectively with the university liaisons to ensure smooth entry into the school or program (working with finance offices on incoming deposits, tracking of payments, processing of agent contracts and commissions, as necessary; assisting incoming students with form completion; coordinating arrival transportation for new, incoming students; etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, communications, business, international relations, or related area
- 3+ years of experience in the international education/recruitment industry in West & South China
- Strong sales and account management skills
- Proven track record of working collaboratively in a matrix governance model
- Strategic-minded and sales-driven, with strong drive for results, and pressure-resilient
- Proficient with technology and reporting programs/systems
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Exemplary customer service skills and ability to foster a customer service ethic within the work team
- Willingness to travel
- Existing network and relationships within the education industry in West & South China; strong working knowledge of key international markets, programs, and products; and US higher education are all pluses
- Eligibility to work in the hiring location without sponsorship
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Shorelight Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.