Assistant Partnerships Manager, US Onshore, Texas
Shorelight is reinventing the international education experience for students worldwide. Based in Boston, the company works directly with top-ranked, nonprofit American universities to build innovative programs and high-touch, technology-driven services that help talented students thrive and become global citizens.
The Assistant Partnership Manager develops and executes a multichannel student recruitment strategy for his or her region, targeted at international students already in the United States who seek U.S. university degrees. Meeting this goal includes developing new or expanding on existing partnerships with high schools, language schools, agencies, sponsors, and other university feeder programs along with contributing to marketing and conversion campaigns that drive enrollments to Shorelight’s university partners (https://partners.shorelight.com/). The Assistant Partnership Manager may have staff management responsibilities, depending on the region. The individual in this position also takes an active role in training, developing, and managing Shorelight’s key accounts in the region, inclusive of marketing initiatives to raise the profile of our university partners.
- Design and execute market-specific student recruitment strategies that focus on developing and managing a network of high schools, agencies, and other feeder networks
- Build and manage key accounts to achieve enrollment targets for all university partnerships
- Establish rapport and build strong relationships with current and prospective students, families, faculty, staff, partners, and other external institutions and vendors
- Leverage technology to support a data-driven approach to recruitment
- Maintain maximum levels of competitor awareness and market intelligence
- Work effectively across Shorelight teams to ensure smooth entry into the school or program, such as working with Admissions on student assessment, Marketing on campaigns, and Enrollment Services on immigration and arrival
- Travel extensively across region to attend recruitment and outreach activities, seminars, conferences, meetings, and training events to assist key accounts and student pipeline management
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, communications, business, international relations, or related area
- 3+ years of experience in sales
- Demonstrated success managing a full sales cycle, from lead generation to closing
- A proven track record of achieving measurable results in a fast-paced, data and deadline-driven department
- Expertise in utilizing creative problem-solving skills to overcome any obstacles while guiding potential students through the university admissions process
- Adept at working collaboratively with remote teams
- Strategic-minded and self-motivated, with a strong drive for results
- Able to work under pressure
- Proficiency with relevant technologies, such as CRMs
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Exemplary customer service skills and ability to foster a customer service ethic within the work team
- Ability to travel regionally
- Eligibility to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Management experience, preferably in a sales environment
- Existing network and relationships within the U.S. education industry, with a strong working knowledge of key regional markets, programs and products, and U.S. higher education
- Salesforce experience desirable
- Mandarin speaker preferable
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check Required – Education, Criminal, Identity
Shorelight is an Equal Opportunity Employer.