Admissions SpecialistBoston, Massachusetts
Shorelight Education is reinventing the international education experience for both students and universities. In partnership with leading U.S. institutions, we build innovative degree programs—whether on campus or cloud-based, in the United States or students’ home countries—that help students thrive and create a new generation of successful, globally minded alumni.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Global Admissions Operations, the Admissions Specialist processes students’ academic records, enters student application data into Shorelight’s CRM, and interfaces with partner CRMs for student record creation and application data transfer.
- Support the Shorelight access mission by reviewing all programs’ admissions requirements to determine opportunities for a students’ admissibility;
- Assess students’ academic credentials and render decisions for admission to partner programs
- Collaborate with Global Admissions Teams to support application processing
- Work with campus teams to support continuous process and policy improvement for graduate programs
- Track and prepare reports
- Assist with the development and maintenance of related policy and procedural documentation
- Assist with other aspects of the application process as needed by the admissions team
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree in higher education, international education, or related field preferred
- Previous experience with database software and/or previous international education and admissions experience preferred
- Knowledge of international credentials
- Knowledge of international student services within a higher education setting
- Exemplary customer service, presentation, and public speaking skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity toward students and staff from a diverse range of backgrounds
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative, perform multiple assignments, and complete projects in a timely manner
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs and databases
- Ability to formulate, implement, and evaluate strategies and policies based on a broad view of issues and events with an understanding of their long-term impact or wider implications
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with key stakeholders to facilitate and accomplish work goals
- Strong working knowledge of one or more of the following languages preferred: Mandarin Chinese, Arabic, Spanish, Portuguese
- Eligibility to work in and travel freely to and from the United States without sponsorship
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Checking Required – Education, Criminal, Identity
Shorelight Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.