Admissions OfficerShanghai, China
Shorelight Education — Admissions Officer
Shorelight Education is reinventing the international education experience for both students and universities. In partnership with leading U.S. institutions, we build innovative degree programs—whether on campus or cloud-based, in the United States or students’ home countries—that help students thrive and create a new generation of successful, globally minded alumni.
Reporting to the Regional Admissions Manager, the Admissions Officer processes students’ academic records, enters student application data into Shorelight’s CRM, and interfaces with agents, students and university partners.
- Supporting the Shorelight access mission by reviewing all programs’ admissions requirements to determine opportunities for a student’s admissibility;
- Assessment of regional student academic credentials and rendering decisions for admission to Shorelight’s partner University programs
- Review of partner admissions requirements to determine student’s admissibility
- Monitor and maintain applicant status in Shorelight’s CRM system throughout the applicant lifecycle
- Collaborate with Recruitment, Enrollment Services and Campus Admissions to support student during admissions process
- Assist with other aspects of the application process as needed by the admissions team
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree in higher education, international education, or related field preferred
- Previous experience with database software and/or previous international education and admissions experience preferred
- Fluent written and verbal English language skills
- Knowledge of international credentials
- Knowledge of international student services within a higher education setting
- Exemplary customer service, presentation, and public speaking skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity toward students and staff from a diverse range of backgrounds
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative, perform multiple assignments, and complete projects in a timely manner
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs and databases
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with key stakeholders to facilitate and accomplish work goals
Shorelight Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.