Adelphi International — Operations CoordinatorGarden City, New York
The Adelphi International Accelerator Program is a partnership between Adelphi University and Shorelight Education. In support of the University’s strategic plan goal of bringing the world to USA and ADU to the world, the mission of the program is to immerse first-year international students (graduate and undergraduate) in the academic and cultural life of the university, help them integrate into campus life, and provide the support that increases their academic successes and likelihood of obtaining their degrees at Adelphi.
The Administrative Operations Coordinator supports the day to day logistical operations of Adelphi International and is responsible for the management of short-term programs in Garden City and Manhattan along with serving in support capacity for student-facing accounts receivable.
The Administrative Operations Coordinator serves as a leader within the partnership staff. This position works closely with the Managing and Assistant Managing Director, to ensure day to day operations are optimized and performing in a manner that supports partnership growth and student success.
The successful candidate is a skilled team player and an effective project manager, who drives operational efficiencies, builds brand awareness, and manages the day to day administrative functions. The Administrative Operations Coordinator reports to the Managing Director with a dotted line to the Assistnat Managing Director and is responsible for general administration and supporting the leadership team in a variety of special projects as assigned by the Managing Director. The candidate must be a strategic thinker and problem solver with strong attention to detail. The Administrative Operations Coordinator is a passionate leader who helps drive enrollment, financial goals, and student success.
- Work closely with MD and senior leadership team to support and optimize cross-functional effectiveness.
- Take ownership of special projects and initiatives.
- Supports the financial arm of Adelphi International when needed.
- Liaise regularly with department managers at HQ to optimize areas of supervision and cross-functional effectiveness.
- Ensure budget efficiencies and opportunities for improvement through regular review and analysis of monthly accounts in partnership with staff accountant and Managing Director
- Contribute to financial planning in the annual budget
- Participate in the annual pricing of programs
- Act as campus owner of Pricebook data for the partnership data in SalesForce
- Support partnership mission throughout campus and local community through participation in partnership or campus events
- Support enrollment growth through participation in campus open days, FAM tours, and other key agent, recruitment staff or prospective student visits
- Provide continued professional development and annual performance reviews to team members in supervised areas
- Liaise with recruitment staff regularly for feedback on how to continue to grow program brand and student access
- Support day to day operations of the center and ensure all space is friendly to student and staff and supports a welcoming environment
- Own and maintain AUI Academic Calendar
- Assist with onboarding of new staff members and student workers
- Maintain AUI student database through Salesforce reporting
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required by the Managing Director, which might include administrative, management, and technical tasks as well as working on special task forces
- Adhere to all university policies
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Experience working with international students in a higher education setting
- Record of exceptional interpersonal, communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a diverse environment and to exhibit cross-cultural competence and understanding
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills, including budget management experience
- Knowledge of basic accounting practices and financial analysis required
- Experience with Salesforce, Marketing, or similar CRM a plus
- Demonstrated problem-solving, decision-making, and creative-thinking abilities
- Demonstrated tact, patience, and diplomacy, particularly with non-native English speakers
- Proven international outlook with strong customer service skills
- Eligibility to work in and travel freely to and from the United States without sponsorship
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Adelphi International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.