Accounts Payable SpecialistBoston, Massachusetts
Shorelight Education is reinventing the international education experience for both students and universities. In partnership with leading U.S. institutions, we build innovative degree programs — whether on campus or cloud-based, in the United States or students’ home countries — that help students thrive and create a new generation of successful, globally minded alumni.
The Accounts Payable Specialist processes employee expense reimbursement requests and vendor accounts payable for inclusion in the weekly check run. The role also includes other general month-end accounting activities and support of the company’s annual audit. The position requires a self-driven, highly organized individual looking to grow his or her career in the accounting field. This individual works under the direction of the Accounts Payable Supervisor as part of a team of Accounts Payable Specialists.
- Ensure proper processing and timely payment of employee expense reports and vendor accounts payable
- Audit expense reports to ensure compliance with company policy
- Maintain system integrations between the dompany’s general ledger system (Netsuite) and its employee expense report processing system (Certify) and invoice approval system (AvidXchange)
- Perform currency translations associated with employee expense reports and vendor accounts payable as needed
- Manage employee cash advances and reconcile them against expense reports
- Ensure that documentation for all payables is complete and accurate
- Properly follow through and resolve any issues associated with payables
- Assist with reconciliations and accruals during the month-end close
- Assist with the annual audit process
- Contribute ideas and participate in improving internal processes, systems, and procedures
- Provide excellent customer service to employees and vendors through consistent, courteous, and timely communication regarding payment status, inquiries, requests, and problem solving
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business-related field
- 3+ years of experience in finance or accounting
- Proven expertise utilizing Microsoft Office products, primarily Excel
- Ability to work independently and also as a productive member of a team
- Detail-oriented and exceptional organizational skills
- Strong customer service orientation along with communication and problem-solving skills
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Shorelight Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.