UIC Global — Admissions OfficerChicago, Illinois
UIC Global is a partnership between University of Illinois at Chicago and Shorelight Education. The mission of the program is to immerse first-year international students in the academic and cultural life of the university, help them integrate into campus life, and provide the support that increases their academic successes and likelihood in obtaining their university degrees.
The Admissions Officer position requires a dynamic individual to assist with the admissions of international students at UIC Global. The Admissions Officer reports to the UIC Global Managing Director and assists with communications between Shorelight Education and UIC representatives in the field and the central Shorelight Central Admissions office. The Admissions Officer must possess a high degree of self-direction, strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
- Manage data coordination including entering qualified applicants into the university’s database system
- Assist in reviewing applications, transcripts, and other documents required for international student admissions
- Coordinate I-20 process with partner university admissions staff
- Review and coordinate mail and documentation on a daily basis
- Respond to e-mail and phone inquiries
- Process requests for information packets and prepare mailings to prospective students
- Develop and run data reports for routine reporting to relevant stakeholders
- Participate in weekly staff meetings
- Liaise with student services staff to gather student feedback, keep CRM updated, and share student accomplishments with market-facing staff and recruiters
- Support the Academic and Student Services directors with pre-arrival processes and documentation including partner and student inquiries
- Bachelor’s Degree in higher education, international education or related field required
- Previous experience with Peoplesoft software and/or previous admissions experience preferred
- Strong working knowledge of one or more of the following languages: Mandarin Chinese, Arabic, Spanish, Brazilian, or Portuguese preferred
- Knowledge of international student services within a higher education setting
- Exemplary customer service, presentation, and public speaking skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity towards students and staff from a diverse range of backgrounds
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative, perform multiple assignments, and complete projects in a timely manner
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs and databases
- Ability to formulate, implement, and evaluate strategies and policies based on a broad view of issues and events with an understanding of their long-term impact or wider implications
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with key stakeholders to facilitate and accomplish work goals
- Ability to demonstrate sound business acumen and meet performance targets
- Eligibility to work in and travel freely to and from the United States without sponsorship
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
UIC International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.