Shorelight Education — Senior Marketing DesignerBoston, Massachusetts
Shorelight Education is reinventing the international education experience for both students and universities. In partnership with leading U.S. institutions, we build innovative degree programs—whether on campus or cloud-based, in the United States or students’ home countries—that help students thrive and create a new generation of successful, globally-minded alumni.
The Senior Marketing Designer is a dynamic individual who creates and designs print- and web-related materials for educational products at the undergraduate and graduate levels and leads design strategy around international audiences. Day-to-day responsibilities include working with the marketing team to develop compelling marketing material, within university brand specifications, across multiple platforms, and tailored to several different, global, audiences.
Partnering with in-house and freelance designers, copywriters, web developers, and the Marketing Managers, the Senior Marketing Designer will help create and oversee the development of the design, typography, color theory, and composition for marketing collateral. The Senior Marketing Designer will also help create and implement procedures as they relate to design workflow, project assignments, and preparing files for release to global vendors. Candidates must have exemplary design skills, experience in brand building/brand strategy, excellent quality assurance skills pertaining to finalized/outgoing print work to vendors, exceptional design capabilities, knowledge of 4C and spot color printing, and a positive, can-do attitude.
- Work with the Production Director to implement new efficiencies in the production process by investigating new software/technologies and contributing to the implementation and training of all stakeholders
- Help the Production Director source, train, and manage freelance designers
- Manage freelance designers’ consulting agreements and ensure compliance with corporate rules
- Lead creation of all new brand guidelines for new university partners and ensure brand adherence
- Mentor and help onboard new designers
- Conceptualize new print and web marketing material
- Maintain, update, and edit existing marketing materials
- Work closely with Marketing Managers to develop marketing strategies and materials that fit Shorelight’s design guidelines and sensibilities while maintaining and adhering to the design guidelines of our university partners
- Support the corporate, recruitment, and managerial teams with creative content
- Perform preflight checks of projects
- Produce company-related collateral (i.e., stationery, business cards, etc.)
- Maintain brand consistency throughout work for both corporate and university partners
- Bring knowledge of 4-color and spot color printing process
- Offer new ideas and concepts clearly and effectively
- Bachelor of Arts degree, preferably in Marketing and Design or comparable work experience
- 5-7 years of design experience
- Strong working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite package: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat
- Experience using software such as Widen, InCopy, Dropbox, and DaVinci Workgroups are a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook)
- Meticulous attention to detail; strong quality assurance skills
- Strong interest in design trends
- Creativity—must have an artistic flair and eye for design
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to produce and deliver creative materials within tight deadlines
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to adapt to the company’s needs in the way we deliver our service; must be flexible
- Ability to produce high-quality work
- Ability to maintain effectiveness in a fast moving and/or changing environment and with varying tasks, responsibilities, and people
- Self-motivated—must be able to work unsupervised
- Superb problem-solving skills
- Able to work and travel in the United States without sponsorship
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a résumé and cover letter.
Shorelight Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.