Shorelight Education – Search Engine Optimization ManagerBoston, Massachusetts
Shorelight Education is reinventing the international education experience for both students and universities. In partnership with leading U.S. institutions, we build innovative degree programs—whether on campus or cloud-based, in the United States or students’ home countries—that help students thrive and create a new generation of successful, globally minded alumni.
The Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Manager helps to drive organic growth and awareness of Shorelight’s partner university brands. The ideal candidate is an SEO expert who works closely with content production teams using digital marketing channels such as email and paid marketing.
- Build link generation campaigns to increase the search authority of Shorelight’s partner university microsites
- Conduct keyword research and on-page targeting across different content pages on microsites
- Partner with external agencies to implement organic search campaigns on Google in local countries in which Shorelight operates
- Use latest SEO tools such as Ahref, Moz, and Screaming Frog to monitor, analyze, and optimize traffic, SERP rankings, and customer acquisition metrics
- Create dashboards to monitor performance and guide optimization decisions
- Develop and implement technical and on-site optimization recommendations
- Assist the Content Director with the development of content strategies
- Research and stay current with search engine ranking updates and leverage this understanding to boost the relevancy of our microsites
- Monitor and evaluate search results and search performance across the major search channels to improve rankings, and create execution plans for link building
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field
- International or global SEO experience
- Best-of-breed link-building tactics and strategy
- Deep understanding of and expert-level experience in SEO
- Experience working for a company in a highly competitive industry
- Strong knowledge of Google’s ranking algorithms, Google webmaster tools, and core SEO principles
- Strong knowledge of Google Analytics and measurement of campaigns
- Ability to manage a high-functioning global team
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Eligibility to work in, and travel freely to and from, the United States without sponsorship
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.