Shorelight Education — Salesforce Product OwnerBoston, Massachusetts
Shorelight Education is reinventing the international education experience for both students and universities. In partnership with leading U.S. institutions, we build innovative degree programs—whether on campus or cloud-based, in the United States or students’ home countries—that help students thrive and create a new generation of successful, globally-minded alumni.
The Product Owner oversees the development and delivery of core global business features used by Shorelight’s Partner Operations team. The Product Owner also serves as a CRM administrator and works with stakeholders and end-users to create, monitor, and report on progress of work plans and program budgets for Partner Operations.
The Product Owner works in concert with Shorelight’s corporate objectives, guided by the CIO’s enterprise platform roadmap. The Product Owner works closely with the Assistant Director to monitor and report on progress of projects and objectives.
The ideal Product Owner candidate must have a technical background and be able to adapt their skills to gain in-depth knowledge of our systems’ capabilities. Due to the flow of activity and requests spanning Development, Implementation, and Adoption, this position may also require spot-support of non-primary projects.
- Receive direction on business solutions and priorities from the Assistant Director and executive stakeholders and facilitate active dialog to resolve conflicts and issues that may naturally arise during the design and development phases of Salesforce or other business systems
- Manage the continued operation of the Salesforce CRM system as an administrator
- Whenever necessary, provide consultation, mentorship, and support to other Shorelight staff as it relates to our business systems
- Ensure the development and implementation of strategic and tactical projects and programs that support the student lifecycle are delivered in a timely manner, in-line with business expectations (scope and quality)
- Submit monthly reports that include project status, risks, opportunities and overall portfolio
- Provide monthly reports to the Assistant Director regarding programs’ productivity and progress, ensuring that resources are used effectively to promote an efficient service delivery system and report any problems or incidents as they arise
- Attend Executive Planning Meetings as necessary to educate members about the status and progression of programs, performance, and other measures.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to support quality measures and standards within the business systems
- Collaborate with vendors, engineers, and end users to ensure features meet business expectations, are of the highest quality standard, data is accurate, and the systems perform as specified
- Serve as the quality manager ensuring consistent delivery of training, systems, and data
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Project Management, Information Technology, Finance, Accounting, Education or equivalent
- Prior experience with Salesforce
- Previous experience in Agile/Scrum preferred
- Previous Product Owner or Project Management experience a plus
- Previous financial and/or higher education experience a plus
- Organizational skills and ability to analyze, rationalize, and prioritize work and product features to ensure product is delivered within business timeframes and budget
- Skills in the use of computers and related technology including but not limited to internet, email, databases, forecasting and analysis tools, business intelligence tools, financial planning tolls, and capabilities of com
- Demonstrated ability to maintain professional and ethical competency when in collaboration with Shorelight staff, vendors, students, and University Partners, adhering to Shorelight corporate policy
- Ability to manage small to large scope projects and develop executive reporting for ongoing project portfolio
- Desire to learn and develop Salesforce skills to become a Salesforce administrator
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data, use critical thinking, innovation, and creativity towards the achievement of goals and objectives
- Ability to develop and facilitate the development of processes that currently do not exist but are required by the business
- Ability to coordinate teams, meetings, and maintain open dialog is critical to the success of this position
- Eligibility to work in and travel freely to and from the United States without sponsorship
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Shorelight Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.