Shorelight Education — Quality Assurance AnalystBoston, Massachusetts
Shorelight Education is reinventing the international education experience for both students and universities. In partnership with leading U.S. institutions, we build innovative degree programs — whether on campus or cloud-based, in the United States or students’ home countries — that help students thrive and create a new generation of successful, globally minded alumni.
The Quality Assurance Analyst validates solutions within our applications. This position serves an integral role throughout the development lifecycle, the core functions being requirements and solution analysis, testing of new and modified functionality, and support of user acceptance testing.
- Review requirements specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and execute testing activities
- Identify, record, document thoroughly, and track bugs
- Work with the development team and business partners to define or refine business rules and processes as needed
- Collaborate with the development team and business partners throughout the development lifecycle
- Support user acceptance testing
- Identify and track defects when test failures occur, narrowing the root cause to enable efficient investigation
- BS/MS degree, preferably in computer science, engineering, or a related subject
- Strong knowledge of manual QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Excellent communication and creative-thinking skills, with an ability to use data to inform all decisions
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication
- Desired knowledge of QA Automation
- Ability to collaborate with stakeholders from local, national, and international constituencies
- Entrepreneurial mindset and passion for emerging technologies
- Eligibility to work in, and travel freely to and from, the United States without sponsorship
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Shorelight Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.