Shorelight Education — Product Owner/Scrum MasterBoston, Massachusetts
Shorelight Education is reinventing the international education experience for both students and universities. In partnership with leading U.S. institutions, we build innovative degree programs—whether on campus or cloud-based, in the United States or students’ home countries—that help students thrive and create a new generation of successful, globally-minded alumni.
The Product Owner/Scrum Master is an experienced professional that is responsible for managing cross functional teams to build and implement complex products using Agile methodologies. The right candidate will have exceptional product management skills, knowledge of development frameworks, attention to detail, a proven ability to influence and collaborate with internal teams, client teams and third-party vendors.
- Collaborate with Product Managers to successfully deliver and implement custom software products and websites
- Collaborate with the development teams and third-party vendors to define and track granular build tasks
- Conduct daily stand ups with the engineering and Quality Assurance team to assign build tasks, review progress and identify blocks and risks
- Attend and represent Shorelight Education in client and 3rd party vendor technical meetings
- Manage key SCRUM team metrics including burndown and average velocity
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required
- Minimum 3 years proven track record for successfully managing large software development projects
- Strong proficiency with task sequencing, dependencies and 3rd party vendor responsibilities for a software development project
- Experience with managing an engineering team and ensuring implementation projects are delivered on time and on budget
- Experience using project planning software, JIRA, Confluence, MS Office
- Scrum certification will be a plus
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Attention to detail, extreme thoroughness, and the ability to easily multi-task
- Team-building, problem-solving, and conflict resolution skills
- Experience managing cross-functional teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Eligibility to work in the United States without sponsorship
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Shorelight Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.