Shorelight Education — Enrollment Services ManagerBeijing, China
Shorelight Education is reinventing the international education experience for both students and universities. In partnership with leading U.S. institutions, we build innovative degree programs—whether on campus or cloud-based, in the United States or students’ home countries—that help students thrive and create a new generation of successful, globally minded alumni.
The Enrollment Services Manager leads and executes our student/agent enquiry and pre-arrival activities in the Greater China region. Based in our regional offices in Beijing, the Enrollment Services Manager works as part of a highly motivated professional team. The Enrollment Services Manager leads the regional-based Enrollment Services Advisors to support agents, prospective international students, and their families with the application, financial, visa, and pre-arrival processes to our partner universities and surrounding communities.
This position works closely with regional Recruitment Managers, admission and marketing team, and Shorelight’s partner campus teams to provide student-focused, optimal learning experiences and services that lead to student success. Measures of success for this role include the ability to drive direct applications, conversion from offer to deposits, conversion from deposit to enrollment, high rate of pre-payment, high rate of visa issuance, and submission of pre-arrival documentation. The position directly reports to the Recruitment Director of Greater China.
- Lead and drive direct student applications in the Greater China region
- Lead and execute the China Enrollment Services strategy and plan
- Liaison with colleagues from various departments, including headquarters, IT, admissions, marketing, recruitment and campus teams, to drive technical improvement and facilitate resources
- Support and lead conversion campaigns via HubSpot emails, online chat platforms, social media, and phone calls to reach individual applicants
- Maintain a comprehensive database of direct leads and work with Enrollment Services Advisors to devise and execute follow-up and conversion strategies to drive applications
- Manage national key accounts for VIP enrollment service
- Lead and provide a pre-departure concierge service engaging students, parents, campus teams, and alumni
- Maintain a database of assigned students to track their status and progress toward arrival
- Provide ongoing national updates and reports to the recruitment team and Shorelight headquarters
- Lead the planning and implementation of pre-departure events
- Attend key partners’ pre-departure events if required
- Manage regional Enrollment Services Advisors and track their performance
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, communications, business, international relations, or related area
- 3+ years of experience in the international education/recruitment industry in China
- Strong account management skills
- Proven track record of working collaboratively in a matrix governance model
- Strategic-minded and sales-driven, strong drive for results, pressure-resilient
- High proficiency with technology and reporting programs/systems, specifically Salesforce
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Detail- and data-oriented
- Exemplary customer service skills and ability to foster a customer service ethic within the work team
- Beneficial to have existing network and relationships within the education industry in China, strong working knowledge of key international markets, programs and productsStrong working knowledge of the following languages: English and Mandarin Chinese
- Ability to work in the hiring location without sponsorship
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Shorelight Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.