Shorelight Education – Data and Operational Analytics InternBoston, Massachusetts
Shorelight Education is reinventing the international education experience for both students and universities. In partnership with leading U.S. institutions, we build innovative degree programs—whether on campus or cloud-based, in the U.S. or students’ home countries—that help students thrive and create a new generation of successful, globally-minded alumni.
The Data and Operational Analytics Intern will work with Assistant Manager and Director of Admissions Operations in developing report standards as well as defining, developing, and documenting standard daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and year-end reports. This internship is designed to be both educational and practical. He or she will gain a better understanding of the role data and analytics plays in a global organization. The candidate will also have opportunities to network with a variety of departments within the organization including information technology, marketing analytics, and partner operations.
- Collaborate with the Director of Admissions Operations to document process work flows
- Provide data-driven recommendations to build business cases to improve processes and recommend initiatives for admissions workforce optimization and efficiencies; interpret data and submit recommendations appropriately
- Identify ways to improve data collection and management; work to address data improvements via scheduled and ad hoc analyses.
- Assist Assistant Manager in the capacity of systems administrator (ERP and CRM), managing and monitoring application transactions to ensure that efficient processing and reporting are efficient and streamlined
- Support cross-functional managers by creating and/or running queries for scheduled and ad hoc requests
- Rising senior; academic studies in business analytics, data management, or project management
- Ability to conduct data analyses around operational processing issues
- Experience with CRM systems such as Salesforce
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL or other SQL tools and management techniques; advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office software applications (e.g., Excel, Access, and PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated project organization skills, including the ability to multitask, balance priorities, set and manage timelines for deliverables
- Creative problem-solving skills, with the ability to perform independently
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Shorelight Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.