Shorelight Education — Accounts Payable SpecialistBoston, Massachusetts
Shorelight Education is reinventing the international education experience for both students and universities. In partnership with leading U.S. institutions, we build innovative degree programs—whether on campus or cloud-based, in the United States or students’ home countries—that help students thrive and create a new generation of successful, globally-minded alumni.
The Accounts Payable Specialist will be working under the direction of the Accounting Manager. The role will include heavy expense report processing along with some month end accounting activities. This role will also assist with the weekly check runs and the annual audit. The position requires a self-driven, highly motivated individual looking to grow his or her career in the Accounting field.
- Manage the Expense Reporting Function including:
- Auditing of expenses reports to ensure compliance with company policy
- Integrations between Certify and NetSuite along with some manual input of expense reports to record expenses into the NetSuite financial system.
- Manage weekly expense reimbursements which includes a significant number of international transactions that require translation
- Ensure proper processing and timely payment of expenses to employees
- Manage cash advances and reconcile them against expense reports
- Ensure that documentation is complete and accurate
- Properly follow through and solve issues
- Assist with reconciliations and accruals during month end closing
- Assist with the annual audit process
- Collaborate with other team members on a timely month end A/P Closing
- Contribute ideas and participate in improving internal processes, systems and procedures
- Provide excellent customer service to our employees by consistent, courteous and timely communication regarding payment status, inquiries, requests and problem solving
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or business related field
- 5+ years of experience in finance or accounting
- Experience with Certify expense automation application and Netsuite a plus
- Online banking processing experience using Bank of America Cash Pro a plus
- Proven expertise utilizing Microsoft Office products, primarily Excel
- Ability to work independently and also as a productive member of a team
- Detail-oriented and exceptional organizational skills
- Strong customer service orientation along with communication and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills required to effectively develop and maintain strong working relationships throughout the organization
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Shorelight Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.