Adelphi International — Associate Managing Director, Adelphi MBA ManhattanNew York, New York
Adelphi International (AUI) at Adelphi University is a partnership between Adelphi University (ADU) and Shorelight Education. In support of the university’s strategic plan goal of bringing the world to ADU and ADU to the world, the mission of the program is to immerse first-year international students in the academic and cultural life of the university.
Designed to help international students integrate into campus life and provide the support that increases their academic successes in the U.S. higher education system, Adelphi Manhattan represents one of two campuses in the AUI program (the other being Adelphi University’s main campus in Garden City, New York).
Reporting to the Managing Director of AUI, the Associate Managing Director provides strategic and ongoing leadership of the Manhattan program as well as managing the day-to-day operations of the program.
The successful candidate is a skilled leader and manager who can assist in leading an innovative educational collaboration. The primary responsibility of this individual is to ensure the delivery of a high-quality experience for the program’s international students by providing specialized attention and guidance, as well as ensuring the smooth operation and fiscal stability of the program.
The Associate Managing Director will lead and inspire, displaying a strong operational entrepreneurial spirit to start this new program. The individual in this role must be a strategic thinker with the capacity to see the big picture while also attending to details including personnel and budget. The Associate Managing Director must be skilled at creating a team and will enthuse and galvanize colleagues around the institution’s mission, vision, and goals.
- Serve as the primary leader for the Adelphi Manhattan program with oversight of all student and academic services
- Ensure that the program retains students, and guide, prepare, and motivate them to program completion
- Supervise program staff to ensure quality of student programs and services, including the coordination of pre-arrival activities, orientation, cultural/social programming, and weekly advisory meetings to ensure successful social and academic outcomes
- Collaborate with the Academic Director on curricular and academic matters
- Collaborate with the Student Services Director on student affairs and development
- Manage student survey participation and feedback in partnership with student services support team
- In collaboration with the AUI Managing Director, sign and approve program documents and payroll
- Manage operations, including ensuring systems and procedures are established and followed to maintain accurate records and reporting on all aspects of the program
- Develop and maintain dashboards and statistics regarding Adelphi Manhattan activities and programs; manage data to identify trends and opportunities
- Meet with students as needed to address their needs, enforce policies, and guide them to appropriate resources
- Foster university, Shorelight, and external relationships as well as partnerships to enhance the profile and success of the program
- Ensure student experience is shared through social media outlets, program promotion, and other marketing efforts in coordination with Shorelight marketing team
- Primary Access program P&L responsibility
- Coordinate and lead regular Adelphi Manhattan staff meetings
- Lead special projects and initiatives, including familiarization tours, visits by recruitment teams and special guests, and co-sponsored campus programs
- Ensure that the program adheres to the policies and standards of the university and continuously improve the program
- Support the Managing Director as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of five years’ experience in higher education management or management in a complex organization required
- Master’s degree with a background in business school administration preferred
- TESOL certification preferred
- International travel/study experience preferred
- Evidence of strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to multitask and attend to details
- Proven ability to recruit, lead, motivate, coach, develop, and retain top academic and administrative staff
- Experience working with international students in an administrative or academic capacity
- Understanding of student support services for international students
- Strategic thinker with excellent problem-solving, decision-making, and creative-thinking abilities
- Record of P&L experience
- Record of leadership delivering strategic, financial, and operational objectives
- Demonstrated experience working successfully with a non-native English-speaking clientele
- Demonstrated exceptional interpersonal, communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Ability to network within higher education circles and garner respect among academic leaders
- Ability to work in a diverse environment and exhibit cross-cultural competence and understanding
- Experience working within an educational collaboration and/or a complex organization
- High energy level and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Hands-on approach to customer service and business growth and diligent work ethic, as evidenced through the interview process
- Eligibility to work in, and travel freely to and from, the United States without sponsorship
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Adelphi International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.